Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitters and layoutsPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Big Brown Wins the Preakness

I am still sad over the loss of Eight Belles at the Kentucky Derby while I delighted in Big Brown's decisive win. After I watched the Florida Derby in early spring, I knew Big Brown would be a contender for the Triple Crown. His looks remind me of Barbaro. Well he did it again folks at the Preakness. I would love to see him win the Triple Crown. He's an awesome horse.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thing 10 was created from BlinkYou.com

Cartoon Glitters

Cartoon Glitters

I have edited this caption since I decided to keep it on my blog as an early attempt in Thing 10 to post image generators. It was very frustrating until I got the hang of doing this. I have played around with re-sizing image generators, removing them if too big, moving them around my blog. Alas, I sort of like this one because of liking cats and butterflies. So I will leave it here. I am still learning as I go on.

Barbaro on You Tube

This is one of my favorite tributes to the beloved Barbaro, forever in my heart:

Secretariat's Belmont Race

Many horseracing fans hoped that Barbaro would win the Triple Crown and he was often compared to Secretariat, known fondly as Big Red. Secretariat's Belmont record still stands. If you love horses and have time to watch this, it's worth it. I am lucky enough to have witnessed this Triple Crown victory. I was a race fan even back then:

On Chesil Beach

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Library Thing 13, 14, 15

I set up an account with del.icio.us and linked to only several things at this point. I will add things as I go along with these exercises. I discovered that one of my interests--vintage fabrics-- linked to a lot of others who like the same thing. The connectiveness of all this is amazing to me. I put a link on my blog. I can see how this can become addicting especially if you are like me: I want to learn and discover new things all the time. I would like to link to more library related stuff but right now am just having fun learning the technology. I don't want this to be just a literary blog.

Technorati-- Wow! When I looked at this site several weeks ago I was "OK, will I ever need/use this site"? As I explored in this site, I decided to set up an account. I found a friend's blog that I've read for several years now, added him to my favorites. I did a search of Library 2.0. As of today there were over 25,500 posts about Library 2.0 and 544 blogs about it. I read some of the entries and found a blogger who is doing the 23 things. Added her to my favorites and will need to check out her blog--she has a cat mashup that I would like to see. She is not one of us. It looks like a lot of libraries are doing Library 2.0. I'm glad we didn't wait. Thanks Louisa, Mr. Sears, MP, et al for getting us going. I didn't claim my blog (too timid, I guess) and feel a little unsure--it's like a Big Brother thing. This site knows what we search, are interested in; not sure if I want to be on someone's watchlist at this point. But apparently thousands of bloggers do.

Reading about Library 2.0-- I found a good article about publicity and marketing using Library 2.0 tools--using You Tube and MySpace for programming and promotional tools, podcasts to advertise programs or do book reviews, and much more. And then there is this tagging thing; ever since our Aquabrowser demo, I can see more and more how frustrated patrons must be using our subject headings.

This has been a long post but then I've covered three things and am ready to move on.

3 comments:

Barb M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb M said...

I had to repost because I had a typo and being obsessive-compulsive, I had to correct it. Love your cat and butterfly and enjoy reading your blog.

Namaste said...

Thanks for reading my blog; I am starting to understand this better and am excited to learn new things. I've been reading through some of the blogs as time permits but really would like to see more interaction like we are having.


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com