Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitters and layoutsPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Big Brown Wins the Preakness

I am still sad over the loss of Eight Belles at the Kentucky Derby while I delighted in Big Brown's decisive win. After I watched the Florida Derby in early spring, I knew Big Brown would be a contender for the Triple Crown. His looks remind me of Barbaro. Well he did it again folks at the Preakness. I would love to see him win the Triple Crown. He's an awesome horse.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thing 10 was created from BlinkYou.com

Cartoon Glitters

Cartoon Glitters

I have edited this caption since I decided to keep it on my blog as an early attempt in Thing 10 to post image generators. It was very frustrating until I got the hang of doing this. I have played around with re-sizing image generators, removing them if too big, moving them around my blog. Alas, I sort of like this one because of liking cats and butterflies. So I will leave it here. I am still learning as I go on.

Barbaro on You Tube

This is one of my favorite tributes to the beloved Barbaro, forever in my heart:

Secretariat's Belmont Race

Many horseracing fans hoped that Barbaro would win the Triple Crown and he was often compared to Secretariat, known fondly as Big Red. Secretariat's Belmont record still stands. If you love horses and have time to watch this, it's worth it. I am lucky enough to have witnessed this Triple Crown victory. I was a race fan even back then:

On Chesil Beach

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thing 23-Satisfaction guaranteed

Well, like many of you, I made it and the exciting thing for me is that I am ready to go on to more things in Library 2.1. When I first heard about Library 2.0 last year, I figured it was for the most technically savvy generation of 20 and 30 somethings (or Teens). I am pleasantly surprised that with patience and perserverance I could learn about social networking, new methods of communicating, share some of my interests and knowledge, and have fun doing it. I am among the staff who started working here before computers. Do any of you remember the TWXIL(sp?) machine in General Reference for ILL? I am proud to have created this blog without outside help, through trial and error, a bag of M&M peanuts, and a desire to go on with it. Once Michele Mellor showed me the blog template, I was on my way.

My goal has been to logically and methodically go through the exercises and blog about them. I easily could have gotten carried away with the image generators which seem to be not only popular but also fun to create and post. As you can see, I have them too. I couldn't help myself. However, I wanted to have an understanding that I could build upon with each exercise in order to see where this use of technology would lead me and help in my job here at the Library. I hope I have done that and that others will enjoy reading and clicking on things but learn something too from my blog. I plan to continue to tinker with it in coming weeks and make sure the layout and widgets are where I want them, etc.

One of my favorite things to do has been Library Thing and I will continue to add books I am reading there. I would like to add a few book reviews or comments to my entries. I also want to work on my tags. I like the concept of tags and being able to search by popular terms or similar concepts. I think we could reach more users by adopting this kind of technology in our library catalog. I will definitely use my bloglines account and follow the RSS feeds. I am glad to know about Technorati and Podcasts but will need to play around more with them to see what library applications might occur to me. I blogged about my interests in Wikis and definitely like the ability to create and edit entries that are shared work. What was the hardest? Believe it or not--posting the Bloglines widget to my blog!

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com