Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitters and layoutsPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Big Brown Wins the Preakness

I am still sad over the loss of Eight Belles at the Kentucky Derby while I delighted in Big Brown's decisive win. After I watched the Florida Derby in early spring, I knew Big Brown would be a contender for the Triple Crown. His looks remind me of Barbaro. Well he did it again folks at the Preakness. I would love to see him win the Triple Crown. He's an awesome horse.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thing 10 was created from BlinkYou.com

Cartoon Glitters

Cartoon Glitters

I have edited this caption since I decided to keep it on my blog as an early attempt in Thing 10 to post image generators. It was very frustrating until I got the hang of doing this. I have played around with re-sizing image generators, removing them if too big, moving them around my blog. Alas, I sort of like this one because of liking cats and butterflies. So I will leave it here. I am still learning as I go on.

Barbaro on You Tube

This is one of my favorite tributes to the beloved Barbaro, forever in my heart:

Secretariat's Belmont Race

Many horseracing fans hoped that Barbaro would win the Triple Crown and he was often compared to Secretariat, known fondly as Big Red. Secretariat's Belmont record still stands. If you love horses and have time to watch this, it's worth it. I am lucky enough to have witnessed this Triple Crown victory. I was a race fan even back then:

On Chesil Beach

Thursday, October 11, 2007

On Chesil Beach--Thing 27 Photobucket

Ian McEwan is one of my favorite literary authors and a Booker Prize winner. His book Atonement is due to be released soon as a major motion picture starring Keira Knightley and James McAvoy. This powerful story stayed with me a long time and led me to his other writings. A must read. His latest book is On Chesil Beach. This novella is set in England in 1962 and deals with college graduates Florence and Edward on their wedding night. The story is set on the cusp of the sexual revolution. These newlyweds are desperately in love but each possesses unrelenting anxiety about the physical act of sex; both are virgins and relics, so to speak, of Victorian times. Their fears and their inability to discuss them openly forms the crux of the story. A brief, poignant and ultimately tragic story. The Library also owns the audio edition. McEwan does an excellent job with the narration and there is an added bonus on the CD--an interview with the author.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used Photobucket here to create a slideshow of Chesil Beach, a breathtaking vacation spot on the English coast

No comments:


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com